Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module
Please note: We now sell a 37 sensors kit that includes this module and many others.
This is an infrared obstacle avoidance sensor. It is designed for use on small wheeled robots (though there's no reason you can't use in on a tracked one!) and works by emitting infrared light from an on-board IR LED. When it detects a reflection of the IR light via the onboard IR receiver, the indicator will light and the module provides a digital output.
The module has potentiometers that allows you to adjust its sensitivity, and thus its working distance. It can be powered on and off using the onboard ENABLE jumper or by using the off-board EN control line.
- Supply voltage: 3.3 to 5VDC
- Working current: 20mA plus
- Detection range: 2 to 40cm (adjustable)
- Operating temperature: -10 to 50 degrees C
- Output signal: Low when an obstacle is detected, high when no obstacle is detected
- Effective field of view: 35 degrees
- - - Ground connection
- + - Connection to supply voltage
- S - Signal output
- EN - Control line