Robot car chassis with motors, gearboxes and battery holder
This is an awesome little robot car that is just waiting for your inventive genius to build something awesome.
- Wifi enabled remote sentry (with a webcam)
- Remote control car (using NRF24L01 radio boards to connect to remote)
- Build an autonomous rover by combining this with one of our ultrasonic ranging modules, obstacle avoidance module or line tracking module.
- Or if you're looking for something a little more turn-key, check out our project page with step-by-step instructions for building a smartphone controlled robot car.
Measurements when assembled:
- Width (rim to rim): 150mm
- Depth: 140mm
- Height: 85mm
- Wheel diameter: 70mm
- Platform diameter: 140mm
- Space between platforms: 32mm
- Pre-cut acrylic panels
- Stand-offs and screws
- Motors+gearboxes (pre-assembled)
- Battery box
- Drive wheels x2
- Stabiliser wheels x2
You have to be handy with a screwdriver and a soldering iron for this one - it comes in parts, and you have to assemble it.
The top acrylic plate only mounts with 2 screws (the other holes don't line up) - so you can either drill extra mounting holes or leave it mounted with only 2 screws. We've tested it and it seems stable with only 2 screws.
The motors do not have wires attached; you'll need to solder wires onto the connecting lugs to connect these to your project board. We sell the L298N motor driver board which has 2 outputs and can drive these motors.
We Also Recommend
Breadboard Kit: Large Breadboard, Power Supply and Jumper Wires with case